As a hotel, the importance of having reliable access to quality and fresh produce from a hotel food supplier cannot be overemphasised. Any lapse in the supply of ingredients means you won’t be able to deliver all the options on your menu, which can end up affecting your reputation. This is why you need to partner with the best food wholesalers.
Here are some tips that will help you get the right hotel food supplier for your establishment:
1. Know what you need and your budget
This might seem obvious, and that likely explains why it is easily overlooked, but it is important to start by having a clear picture of what your needs are. Are you looking for fresh and locally sourced produce? Do you need your supplier to deliver them to you on specific dates? Once you have answered such questions, you will also need to have an estimated budget. Considering other overhead costs and your desired profit margin can help you come up with a realistic budget.
2. Make a shortlist of hotel food suppliers
Now that you know what you want, and you have an estimated budget, it will be easier for you to use that information to make a shortlist of food suppliers with the potential to meet those needs. You can search online, ask for recommendations, and look for reviews. Narrow down your list by focusing on the suppliers best suited for your needs.
3. Know your prospective supplier
This is where you learn more about your prospective partner. Gather as much information as you can about their operations and services:
– Do they have a strong reputation for the quality of the products they deliver?
– Do they follow strict process control to ensure the delivery of fresh produce?
– Is their staff trained to a minimum of the IEHO Basic Food Hygiene Certificate with COSHH in house working practices?
– Is your prospective hotel food supplier accredited?
– How long have they been in business?
– Do they have experience serving hotels?
Looking for the best hotel food suppliers for your specific needs? You won’t go wrong with Davin Foods. Over the years, we have built a strong reputation providing some of the most prestigious hotels with a wide variety of quality and fresh products.
Get in touch with us for more information.